Tuesday, September 20, 2011

1st e-mail from the MTC

Hi Everyone!

Guess What?!!! It's my P-day!!! Finally!! Thank you soooooo much for all of your e-mails and letters! I've gotten mail almost every day since Thursday and it's been awesome!!! Thank you. Bad news and I am sooooo sorry, I forgot to bring my USB converter for my camera card, so I can't send pictures this week! But I think my companions want to go to the bookstore and print pictures today. If that's the case, then I will snail mail some to you! What a week to forget pictures!

Ahhhhhh SO the MTC is amazing!!! I seriously have the BEST companions ever!!! Sister L is from Utah, and Sister N is from Idaho. I've heard threesomes sometimes don't work, but these sisters are rock solid! They are hard workers, but we still have a TON of fun! I am so blessed. There are three other elders that form my district here. They are awesome! It's only been a week and we're already talking about the separation anxiety our district will have when we have to split up in Hong Kong!

So Friday I taught my first lesson in Cantonese!! Yes, our investigator only spoke Cantonese (or at least pretended to. . .). By Friday we could pray and bear our testimony, so our lesson was a bit rusty with just that. Saturday's lesson was rusty as well, we struggled to know how to say what we wanted, and then to understand our investigator, it was frustrating. Yesterday's lesson was awesome though! Wow! I can't believe it! We taught her a bit about the Book of Mormon and then encouraged her to read and pray about 3 Nephi 11. She had a few questions and we were able to figure out what she was saying and answer! It is incredible how fast we are learning here! It is amazing how much the Lord is blessing us! There is seriously no way I would be able to pray, bear my testimony, ask how someone is, tell time, and make requests in Cantonese on my own. This is really a miracle!

To answer some of your questions, the food is good. It's pretty processed, so I stick to salad most of the time. We have an hour to exercise each day, so I've really been content. There's an indoor track and weight machines, or we can run or walk outside.

I love you all sooooooo much! I hope you are having a great week!!!

Love,

Sister Nelson

No comments: