Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm Going on a Mission!

Hello Everyone!
Only 11 days until I leave on my mission! I am so excited! As a missionary, I will be pretty busy, and my computer time will be limited, but I will have a chance to e-mail my family each week, and my mom will post my e-mails on this blog so you all can read about my experiences and adventures in the Missionary Traning Center (MTC) and in Hong Kong!
I am so excited for this opportunity to be a representative of the Lord, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as I teach the people of Hong Kong. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves all of his children very much and that through His son Jesus Christ we can be forgiven of our sins and be able to be with God again. This belief and knowledge has comforted me and made me so happy in my life and I am honored and anxious to share this joy with others. Naturally, I am also looking forward to learning an awesome new language, trying new food and living in a foreign country for a year and a half! What more could a twenty-one year old want?!
Thank you all for your support and encouragement as I have prepared for my mission. I am so blessed to have each of you in my life. You're the best!

Bye for now!

Love,
Sister Nelson

No comments: