Thursday, February 23, 2012

SUPER Comfy!

This was taken after the My Conversion Story Fireside on Sunday. All of these
people live in or have served in my area.


Sister L. gave me this sweater. It's huge and so Asian and SUPER comfy!!!! I love it!
Sister C. and I were starving on Sunday because we didn't have a chance to eat at Sister C.'s farewell party (everyone wanted pictures) I had some Jello and Go (this gooey Chniese dessert, like Jello only thicker) We went up to the kitchen to find this food! A member brought it for the party, but since there wasn't enough for the whole ward, it didn't get eaten! SOooooooooo delicious!!!

Hello Everyone!!!
I was just in the mission office in Kowloon and Elder K. (one of the senior missionaries) was showing us the list of incoming missionaries until August. I was looking at the names and said, "Wouldn't it be funny if I knew one of these people?" Then I screamed!! Hahaha!!!  I know one of the sisters coming in May!  She is going into the MTC next week!! She was in my freshman ward and Is AWESOME!!!   I'm freaking out!!!! I'm soooooo excited!! Maybe I'll be old enough to step train her? Not likely, but it would be awesome!
Second news of note. . . my new companion is... Sister H., one of my roommates!!!! She just moved next door from the other desks to the desks that Sister C. and I have been using!!! I'm so excited!!! Sister K's new companion is Sister N's (one of my MTC companions) mission mom.  Sister K and I are both from the US and our companions are both from Hong Kong.  I'm so excited!  Sister H. is an awesome missionary, plus, my Cantonese is going to be able to improve A LOT!!!!
Thank you for sending me the updates of newly called Sister Missionaries. I am sooooooooooooo excited for all of them!!!
I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to run.  I don't know what kind of system we will work out with the new Sister in the apartment.  Unfortunately we might not be able to run as long or as often as I've been blessed with this past move, but it's ok it will all work out.
Sister C. had to go to a Career Workshop on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I just got to hang out outside the room for 3 hours each day.  While I was sitting this sweet girl started talking to me. She was waiting for her husband who was at an Interpreter training.  She's from Mongolia!!!!  I immediately thought of Sodo!  She was super sweet!  While they're in Hong Kong, she and her husband our getting sealed in the Temple  this Saturday.  She was so cute and excited! Really truly happy to be a member of this church, married and getting sealed. It freaked me out a bit when she told me she was also 21, but it's all good.
Y., the young woman we are teaching is doing amazing!  We taught her about the Plan of Salvation yesterday.  She is totally eating up everything.  She asks so many questions and is so ready to apply everything we teach.  She said after learning about the Plan of Salvation she was no longer afraid of death, and I could really see how happy and excited it made her to know she can live with her Heavenly Father and her family after this life. She is soooo amazing! She is so happy and cheerful and totally makes my day every time I see her! I am so excited that we can keep teaching her!
Aside from Y., we have 8 other people who have goals to be baptized.  All of them are students!!! We actually have 19 investigators right now and only 3 of them are not students.  It is really amazing how ready these girls are to hear and accept the gospel and there are so many miracles happening so that they have the opportunity to accept it.
Our ward had the sweetest going away party for Sister C. on Sunday. She's been in this ward for 9 months!!! (half her mission!) and will definitely be missed.
We are working with 4 of the women in our ward right now to help them prepare for the temple, they have all recently been baptized or started coming back to church.  There fire and desire to go to the temple is incredible. One of them has some challenges and she was even thinking about going back to her own church because she's from Thailand and has trouble understanding at church. She told us that as she was praying about her decision and realized if she changed churches she wouldn't be able to go to the temple.  It is really truly one of her greatest desires and she is working so hard to get there.  Another is from Mainland and can't go to church while she is in Mainland because it is too far away.  So she will come down to Hong Kong every few weeks just so she can go to church.  There are tons of amazing stories about people from mainland coming down to get baptized, even if China is not open for missionaries, the gospel is still spreading to that corner of the Earth!
I will send the pictures from this week and that should sum up everything else.
I love you all soooooooo much!!!
Sister Nelson

No comments: