Monday, January 28, 2013

"You can't be here that long!!!!"

A man was walking his turtle in
Top Seoc the other day!!!
Sister Jamison and Me
More from that cool park across from the church
Hi Everyone!

We were able to go to the temple on Wednesday. We got sat down and there were several people there for the first time!!! 2 of which were 2 Sisters that Sister Far helped baptized!!!! How exciting!!! The daughter is getting married next month so she and her mom went through together. The other is a girl who is coming on her mission to HK!!!

Getting our visa stamped was fun. As we were leaving Macau, the guard flipped through my passport, flipped through again, looked at my picture, looked at me, flipped through and looked at the guard next to her who was doing the same thing to Sister Cook. Finally her guard said, "Bei Keuih jauh!" (Let them leave.) Then Sister Cook said, (with a smile) "You definitely have to let us out." I'm glad they did, I wouldn't want to be stuck in jail on my way to the temple. On the way back in, I got similar looks from the guard. He stamped my passport and then asked if I could understand Chinese. I said yes and he told me that I had 20 days, but this was the last time. I couldn't come back. Sister Cook was still at the desk, but I was able to tell her I got 20 more days before they ushered us out the door. They took her aside and questioned her and said, "You can't be here that long!!!!" (Even though they told us we could!! hahaha) She said, "Well, my friend has been here that long, and you let her through!!" They couldn't believe I had gotten through!!! hahahaha She ended up with the same number of days that I got. So we have to be out by the 12th, but unfortunately we have zone conference in HK next week, so they will probably take us out then.

My new companion is Sister Jamison!!! She is from Idaho and super sweet!! We have been having a lot of fun together!!!

This week E. brought 5 friends to meet with us!!! They are all soooo sweet!!! They were all Philipina too, which is uncommon because the language barrier often makes it so Indonesians and Philipinas aren't usually good friends. One of them said, she is "Philipina at heart" It is so cool to see her interact with people. She gets along with everyone and it doesn't matter that she can't speak their language!! Her boarding house situation has turned around completely. Instead of being lonely and hurt all the time, she has several friends in the boarding house and they are nice to her. It really shows the power of priesthood blessings and fasting.

Ai! Why can't I remember what happens when I get to e-mail time?


The missionaries were in charge of preparing food for FHE on Saturday. We made a fruit salad, and Jello. The Elders did peanut butter sandwiches (classic Philipina snack) and the Wellings made soup and crackers. (It was paid for by the ward, we just had to do the foot work) It was yummy! One of the brothers kept commenting, "This is so healthy" "It's all healthy stuff!" "Not like the stuff we normally have." Just goes to prove, it's sometimes ok not to deep-fry everything!

Well, I have a few more minutes, and I'm not sure what else to write, so I will share a scripture that Elder Welling shared with us last week 1 Nephi 18:1-3 replacing the word "boat with the words "my life" sometimes we need to build our lives not "after the manner of man" but if we do that, then we will be blessed!"
1 Nephi 18:1-3

1 And it came to pass that they did worship the Lord, and did go forth with me; and we did work timbers of curious workmanship. And the Lord did show me from time to time after what manner I should work the timbers of the ship.
2 Now I, Nephi, did not work the timbers after the manner which was learned by men, neither did I build the ship after the manner of men; but I did build it after the manner which the Lord had shown unto me; wherefore, it was not after the manner of men.
3 And I, Nephi, did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things.

Ok I think that's all for this week! I'll work on pictures and add things if I think of them!!! I love you!!!

Love,

Kasey

No comments: