Thursday, September 13, 2012

"I'm trying to be like Jesus"

Hello Mom, Dad, Kelli, Nathanael and Savanna!!!!
 
Aaiyah!!!!! I've been a missionary for a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Crazy!!! I just realized that when I first moved to Tolo Harbour, Sister Far was celebrating her 1 year anniversary and she's not a missionary anymore!!!!!!  Yikes!!!  Usually missionaries will go out with their MTC district for lunch.  Today we ordered HUGE pizzas and ate together at the Wan Chi Chapel.  Last night Sister Lier and I talked for about an hour just reminiscing about the MTC.  It seems soooooo long ago.  We were looking at pictures.  We looked good back then!!!  hahaha now we just have a lot more "experience" showing on our faces.
 
Sunday we had a lady who only speaks Mandarin come to church.  Sister Lin did so great!  It is such a miracle to have her here and able to speak Mandarin!  She has great things coming for her!  
 
I've been praying lately to know how to really come to know Christ as my Savior more.  I definitely have faith and believe He suffered for us and that through having faith, repenting, baptism, recieving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end we can be forgiven of our sins and be saved, but I've also felt like there was something more.  This week, during a particularly hard day, I was doing my personal study and I decided to read the Beatitudes in 3 Nephi 12.  I actually didn't get very far when the words, "I'm trying to be like Jesus" came into my head.  I wrote them down and put it on the wall in front of my desk.  As I thought about those words I realized the only way I can come to know my Savior more is by becoming like Him and acting as He would act in all things.  I've heard of people finding joy in the gospel no matter what.  So far for me that has been more like I have had more ups than downs, but I've still had downs.  This was the first time I was in a down but still felt soooooo "up"  I was just overwhelmed by Heavenly Father's love for me and gratitude for this trial so that I could learn more about Jesus Christ.  I was incredibly happy!  It was amazing!!!  I hope that I can really learn to feel like this and embrace this joy for the rest of my life.  
 
Questions:   
What do you notice about the culture lately?
I'll keep looking, but maybe you can tell me when I get home.  The things I do weird. . . I guess that's Chinese Culture?  I think I've just gotten used to it!  hahaha
 
I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week!!! 
 
Love,
Kasey

No comments: