Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mooncakes

Hello Everyone!

It's good to hear from you!   Time is flying way too fast!!!  

I'll start with your questions:  
Questions:
1 - I think transfers are this week.  Correct?  Has your apartment changed at all with this transfer? 
We're all still here, but we're the only ones - our zone changed a lot.  But I'm excited our new district and zone leaders are really good, they're hard working but also happy and like to have fun I think the balance will be good for our zone.
 
2 - When missionaries go to Macau, how do they get there?  Ferry?  Boat?  Plane?  
Ferry.  Speaking of which Sister Fernalious and Sister Hintze (previously in my apartment) are serving international in macau this move!!! Crazy right?
3 - How long does it take?  
An hour-ish.
4 - When they enter Macau, does their Visa say how long they are allowed to stay, or do they find out after they have been there for a little while?
The visa says and it usually gets shorter each time you re-enter macau.

Uh so this week. . .  let me remember.  I tried my first moon cake!! It was yummy except for the 1000 year old egg in the middle. . . hahaha (that is what makes a moon cake a moon cake!)  Can you check an see if mooncakes can be sent to America?  I have a feeling several members will give them to us for mid Autumn festival and there is no way I will eat them all.  Maybe I could mail a few to you to try?

V. came to church and the my conversion fireside and ate dinner at the bishop's house with us!!! She's back!!! (I hope!!!) 

We've still been doing a lot of finding lately,  but we've scheduled a lot of less-active member visits for next week, so hopefully we'll be able to teach more lessons soon. 

We visited a member last week who barely speaks Cantonese,  it was really cool to see Sister Lin lead the lesson, she did a great job (As far as I could tell)  I've been trying to learn a little bit of Mandarin -- things like, "I don't speak Mandarin."  "My name is Sister Leung"  "My friend speaks Mandarin,"  "wait a minute" (so I can hand the phone to her)  It's soooooo weird to be closed off by a language barrier even though we're all speaking a form of Chinese.  However, as I hear more Mandarin I've been able to understand more and more.  They really are pretty similar. 

We met an adorable popoh last week while we were finding.  This fulfilled one of my mission dreams!  I've always wanted to help a popoh carry her groceries and I've always wanted to visit a nursing home.  Well we helped her carry her bags to the nursing home where she lived and she invited us in to chat!!! hahaha we didn't stay very long, but it was fun to just visit and talk with her.  She wasn't interested in our message but I think it made her day to have someone to visit with. 

Hmmmm. . . I'm running out of things to say, I'm sorry I'm just a boring missionary!  hahaha I love you all!  The church is true!  (It is!)  My favorite scripture this week is D&C 123:17 "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."  If we do all we can with a smile on our faces, we might not see all the reward or blessings now, but one day, we're going to look back in awe and how incredibly close Heavenly Father's hand is to our lives.  He loves us all so much!  

Ga Yauh!

Love,
Kasey 
Last week's 1 year on my mission anniversary pizza party

No comments: