Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tomorrow we get to teach two girls from mainland!




Hi Mom, Dad, Kelli, Nathanael and Savanna!

General Conference hasn't happened in Hong Kong yet!! It's this weekend at more normal times! Not to worry I did hear the announcement!! Crazy huh?!! Actually I didn't believe it at first because I heard about it through a text from an elder. Then later I heard it from President and Sister Hawks (I believed it that time!!) That's soooooooooooooo exciting!!! I've been thinking about Kelli and Nathanael all week! I might have to get a job at the MTC just so I can "happen" to see them on a regular basis! At the very least I won't be far away!!  Missionary work is going to EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering what's going to happen with the freshman dorms at BYU without as many 18 and 19 year olds to live there? Maybe it'll become an MTC extension the MTC was already bursting at the seams when I was there! The excitement is the same here! Already several young women names came to mind. Some can't get into college so they are working until their missions. Hong Kong needs more sisters so I would imagine the rest of the world is the same too!

 
(Barbara's note:  At our church's worldwide General Conference on October 6, President Thomas S. Monson announced that the minimum age for our youth to serve mission has changed from 19 for men and 21 for women to 18 for men and 19 for women.  This gives our young men and young women greater flexibility as they decide when to serve a mission.)
Questions:
1 - When and where did you watch conference? Did you get to watch in English? 
Uhhh. . . haven't watched it yet, but yes, we'll get to see it in Enlgish!
2 - How are your clothes and shoes holding up?
Good! I finally threw out a shirt the other day.  I realized that I was not representing the church well because it really was in bad shape. I'm not sick of my clothes yet, I'm trying to wear through what I have well so I can justify leaving as many of my mission clothes here as possible and bring back the cute stylish things that I wear for baptisms, mission meetings and that I want to wear after my mission too.

So last P-day Sister Lin bought a bag of something at the ga sih. That night I saw her pop a few in her mouth as we were planning. I said, "What is that?" she looked at me sheepishly, "uh. . . pig ear. . . " me: "WHAT?!!!!! You can eat that?!!!" Her: "Sure!" and handed me one. I'll send pictures. It was pretty gross honestly I would rather eat cow stomach or chicken foot. I don't remember how it compares to intestines! hahaha

Tomorrow we get to teach two girls from mainland! They are the nieces of one of the sisters in our Sha Tin ward and have interest in the gospel! Their native language is Cantonese so we can't turn them over to the Mandarin Elders!!!!!! Yay! I'm so excited we're meeting them tomorrow and just introducing ourselves and teaching a little about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and prayer.  We are meeting again on Saturday to teach the first lesson! They are in Hong Kong for 3 days! This is such a cool opportunity!!

Wednesday we have a "Sister Counsel" it should be really neat !  Just the sisters get to meet with President and Sister Hawks. 
 
Starting on October 22, P-day will be on Mondays! Crazy right?! It should be really good though it makes so much more sense! It will be that way except for when we go to the temple and then it will be on another day. I'm not sure how often that will be or if I will know beforehand.

Ok I think I better go so I can send you pig ear pictures!

Love,
Kasey

No comments: